By Meredith Farkas | April 10, 2007
And what a season it’s going to be! Last year, I gave my first conference talk ever at Computers in Libraries. Since then, I’ve given around 18 talks and I have 10 talks scheduled between now and the end of June. Insane! And it all starts Friday!
On Friday, I’ll be giving the keynote (another first!) at the Borough of Manhattan Community College’s Technology Day and will be speaking about using social software in higher education. I honestly don’t have a very clear sense of what the difference is between a regular conference talk and a keynote, but I figure if my talk is at least interesting, I’m in good shape. While in the big apple, I’m going to see my brother (whom I haven’t seen in almost 9 months) and meet his girlfriend. Hopefully I’ll get some good food too. Too bad I’ll be on the opposite side of the universe from Zabars and H&H Bagels. If anyone knows of a good place to get bagels and lox in Tribecca…
The next day, I’ll be flying to Washington D.C. to go to Computers in Libraries. I’ll be giving one preconference and two talks there:
- April 15th @ 9:00 am – Wikis: Basics, Tools and Strategies (Preconference Workshop)
- April 16th @ 11:15 – C102: Building Collaboration, Communication and Community Online
- April 17th @ 1:30 – C203: Learning with Wikis and Blogs
I’ll also be signing my book at the Information Today booth on Tuesday April 17th at 5:00 pm. I believe there will be refreshments at the exhibits that evening, so if I’m not a big draw, maybe the wine and cheese will be.
Here’s the rest of my Spring/early Summer schedule:
- May 4, 2007, Wikis: Enabling Collaboration in Libraries, Quebec Library Association, Montreal, QC
- May 15, 2007, Building the Social Library Online, AISTI Mini-Conference, Santa Fe, NM
- May 21, 2007, Keynote – Building the Social Library Online, Annual Conference for ACRL Eastern New York, Utica, NY
- June 24, 2007 10:30-12:00, Harnessing the Hive: Social Networks and Libraries, ALA Annual, Washington, D.C.
- June 24, 2007 1:30-3:30, Finding New and Creative Solutions through Library Think Tanks, ALA Annual, Washington, D.C.
- June 25, 2007 10:30-12:00, Wiking the Blog and Walking the Dog – Social Software, Virtual Reality and Authority Everywhere, ALA Annual, Washington, D.C.
If you’re in the area or are attending one of these shindigs, let me know. I’d love to meet you!