Rachel tagged me with a new meme and challenged me to come up with eight random things about myself. I feel like I’ve disclosed a lot on this blog, so I had a hard time coming up with anything anyone would find remotely interesting. Here goes nothing!
- My favorite author right now (and for the past 5 years) is Richard Yates. Revolutionary Road was one of the most amazing books I’ve ever read.
- In fourth grade, I played Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz at school. I think it was probably because I was the only person in my class who could sing or remember lines.
- There are three places I have always fantasized about visiting and probably none of them are at the top of your “places I absolutely must visit” lists: Greenland, Mongolia and the Maldives. Given how remote all of them are, if I even get to one of them in my lifetime, I’ll consider myself lucky.
- In high school, I was a major Trekkie (mostly TNG). I had the uniform and even went to conventions. I actually have a photo of me sitting on the late James Doohan’s (Scotty’s) lap. Don’t ask!
- I hate eggs. I don’t mind them in cakes, pancakes, etc., but anything egg-y (even French toast or quiche) sickens me.
- I have always been a writer, though non-fiction was not always my genre of choice. From first grade on, I wrote plays that my brother, our friends and I would perform in front of my dad’s video camera. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), I have yet to find any of the videos we made. I also wrote songs, and still remember the lyrics to a few of them, but you couldn’t pay me enough to disclose any of them.
- I love watching dog shows. At this point, Adam and I know every breed and their characteristics!
- I am addicted to black licorice, salt water taffy and toffee (which is why we never keep stuff like that at home). It’s amazing to me that I haven’t gotten any cavities.
Since I had some trouble coming up with 8 things, I don’t think I’m going to tag anyone in particular with this one. If you’re interested in sharing, consider yourself tagged.